Presented last year, RTLA made its way to the kernel set of tools.
RTLA includes an interface for timerlat and osnoise tracers in the current state. However, the idea is to expand RTLA to include a vast set of ... real-time Linux analysis tools, combining tracing and methods to stimulate the system.
In this discussion, we can talk about ways to extend tracers and rtla, including:
- Supporting histogram for ftrace tracers (timerlat events)
- Adding new interface for tracers, like hwlat
- Supporting trace-cmd file support to allow ftrace & osnoise/timerlat/hwlat in parallel
- Adding smi counters for timerlat
- Adding other tools
- Adding pseudo-random task simulator
But the main idea is to hear what people have to say about how to make the tool even better!
|I agree to abide by the anti-harassment policy||Yes|